Gluten Free & Vegan
recipe by: Sophie Wix // Bonnappetitlife
What you need…
- 1/2 c coconut oil, melted (this substitutes butter)
- 1/2 c vegan shortening, room temperature
- 2 flax eggs: stir 2 tbsp ground flax seeds with 5 tbsp water, let sit for 5 minutes
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 + 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 2 3/4 c gluten free all-purpose flour mix
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 tsp cinnamon + 3 tbsp sugar = the sugar you will roll the dough in
- Preheat oven 400F. Line two baking sheets with foil or parchment paper.
- Prepare flax eggs. Whisk coconut oil (melted), shortening, vanilla and sugar in a large bowl. Add the flax eggs and whisk until totally combined.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt in a smaller bowl.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture to shortening mixture. Knead with hands.
- Roll dough 1-tbsp at a time into spheres. Roll in the cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until you see the cracks start to form on the tops.
- Spread happiness!